Plum Cake / Plum Cake Recipe / How To Make Plum Cake
Plum cake is a very delicious, tasty and very flavorful Cake recipe. Plum cake is a cake made with chopped plum, maida and spices. Plum cakes are often served in celebration of weddings and Christmas. Plum cake is a rich cake packed with plum and nuts flavoured with spices. A deliciously moist plum cake, which goes perfectly with a nice cup of afternoon.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Diet Sugar or Powder Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Soft Margarine – 1/4 cup
- Egg – 2 nos.
- All Purpose Flour – 11/2 cup
- Baking Powder – 1 tbsp
- Low Fat Milk – 1/2 cup
- Plums (cut into halved) – 2 cup
For Topping:—– –
- Soft Margarine – 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon Powder – 1 tbsp
- In a large bowl, add cream, margarine, egg and diet sugar, beat it using electric mixer at medium-low speed.
- Beat it till it becomes fluffy and soft.
- Add all purpose flour, milk and baking powder, beat it again to make it stiff but not dry.
- Pour the batter on greased cake pan and keep aside.
- For topping:—
- In a small bowl, add margarine and cinnamon, mix well.
- Spread some plums pieces and mix well.
- Spread this topping mixture on top of cake.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 min or till the top turns little golden brown.
- Baking is complete if you insert a knife in the center and it comes out clean.
- Keep them aside and allow to cool.
- Cut into any shape.
- Serve it.