Roasted Bitter Gourd / Oven Roasted Bitter Gourd / Baked Karela Recipe
Oven Roasted Bitter Gourd is a tasty, less oil dish and crispy in taste. It is a good and healthy dish for diabetes. It helps to control blood sugar. It is very easy to make and simple. You can serve with dal-brown rice or dal-roti.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Bitter Gourd/Karela (cut thin slice, if want more crispy ) – 3 big
- Salt as per taste –
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Red Chili – 1/4 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Dry mango powder (Optional) – 1/2 tbsp
- Onion (Optional) – 1/2 cup
- In a bowl, add bitter gourd, oil and salt and mix well.
- Put the bitter gourd in microwave safe plate.
- Microwave covered on 100 % power for 2-3 min.
- If you want, add onion slices and mix well (cook on 100 % power for 1-2 min).
- Add turmeric powder, dry mango powder and red chili powder, mix well.
- Again microwave covered on 100 % power for 5-6 min or till bitter gourd become crispy.
- Stir in between.
- Serve hot bitter gourd with roti/dal/rice.
OVEN ROASTED BITTER GOURD was last modified: March 25th, 2014 by