Vegetarian Hot And Sour Soup / Hot And Sour Soup Recipe / Hot And Sour Soup / How To Make Hot And Sour Soup
Vegetarian hot and sour soup is a spicy and tangy combination of veggies and Chinese sauces. It is one of the famous Chinese soup recipes. Vegetarian hot and sour soup is made with onion, ginger, garlic, celery, french beans, button mushrooms, carrot, cabbage, soy sauce, green chili sauce, vegetable stock, cornflour sugar, green chili, vinegar, salt and black pepper powder. Garnish with spring onion and fried noodles. The soup contains ingredients to make it both spicy and sour.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Finely Chopped Garlic – 4-5 nos.
- Finely Chopped Ginger – 2 inch piece
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 nos.
- Finely Chopped Celery – 2 inch piece
- Finely Chopped French beans – 4-5 nos.
- Finely Chopped Button Mushrooms – 4-5 nos.
- Finely Chopped Carrot – 1 nos. Medium
- Roughly Chopped Cabbage – 1/2 cup
- Soy sauce – 3-4 tbsp
- Green chili sauce – 3-4 tbsp
- Vegetable stock – 4-5 cup
- Corn flour (Make solution with little water) – 3 tbsp
- Black pepper poweder – 1/2 tbsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tbsp
- White vinegar – 1/2 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Green Chili – 1/4 tbsp
- Spring Onion Greens Only (cut at diagonal for garnishing) – 1 tbsp
- Oil for frying –
- Fried Noodles – 1-2 tbsp
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add onions, ginger and garlic.
- Fry it till turns little golden brown.
- Add celery, french beans, button mushrooms, carrot and cabbage.
- Cook for 4-5 min.
- Add soy sauce and green chili sauce, mix well and cook for 2-3 min.
- Add vegetable stock, sugar, salt and black pepper powder, mix well.
- Add cornflour mixture and mix well.
- Add green chili and vinegar, boil it for 4-5 minutes.
- Garnish with spring onions and fried noodles.
- Serve hot vegetable hot and sour soup with bread stick or have it just by itself.