Urad Chane Ki Dal Recipe / Urad Chana Dal Fry / Black Whole Urad Dal Recipe / Dal Ratan
Urad chane ki dal recipe is a healthy and delicious Indian dal dish. It is prepared from chana dal or bengal gram, kali urad dal or black lentil with skin, onion and many Indian spices. Garnish with coriander leaves. It is mild spicy and different taste compared with any other Indian dals. It is rich in protein and iron. You can serve with rice or paratha.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Black Lentils With Skin or Kali Urad Dal – 1 cup
- Bengal Gram or Chana Dal – 1 cup
- Ghee – 2-3 tbsp
- Chopped Onion – 1/2 cup
- Dry Red Chillies – 2-3 nos.
- Cloves – 2-3 nos.
- Cinnaman or Dal Chini – 1 nos.
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Garlic-Ginger Paste – 1 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Green Chilies – 2 nos.
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Mix both dals together and wash them properly.
- Cook dal in a pressure cooker by adding salt, turmeric powder and 3 cups of water.
- Cook it till dal gets soft or for 30 min and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium flame and add cloves, cinnamon, green chili, dry red chilies and ginger-garlic paste.
- Fry for 3-4 min.
- Add onions and mix well.
- Stir well and fry it till onion turns light golden brown.
- Now add red chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala, mix well.
- Add the cooked dal into it and allow it to boil for 4-5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot urad chane ki dal with roti or rice or paratha.