Toor Dal With Vegetables Recipe / Toor Dal With Greens Vegetable
Toor Dal With Greens Vegetable is a popular South Indian Recipe. Toor dal, also known as Arhar, is a popular dish in almost every household. Toovar-toor dal cook with amaranth greens, turmeric powder and salt, fry with hing, dry red chili, garlic, tomato and onion mixture and serve with plain rice or roti.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Oil for frying –
- Onion (Slices) – 2 medium
- Chopped Garlic – 1-2 tbsp
- Toovar Dal – 1/2 cup
- Water as needed –
- Chopped Thotakoora (Amaranth Greens) – 11/2 cup
- Salt as per taste –
- Cumin Powder – 1 tbsp
- Black Pepper (Crush the very coarsely) – 1/2 tbsp
- Dry Red chili – 2-3 nos.
- Chopped Tomato – 1/2 cup
- A pinch Asafoetida –
- Wash and soak dal for 3-4 hour.
- Cook the dal in pressure cooker with thotakoora (amaranth greens), turmeric powder and salt.
- Cook it till dal gets soft.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat, add hing, dry red chili, garlic and onion.
- Fry it till onion turns little golden brown.
- Add tomato and cook for 5-6 min.
- Add cooked dal and bring mixture to the boil.
- Cover and cook for again 5-6 min.
- Add pepper and mix well.
- Serve hot toor dal with green vegetables with plain rice or roti.