Khatti Meethi Dal Recipe / Sweet Sour Dal Recipe / Khatti Meethi Recipe
Sweet sour dal recipe is a healthy Bengali dal dish. It is prepared from chana dal-bengal gram, beet root and many Indian spices. It is mild sweet and sour compared with any other Indian dals. It is rich in protein, iron and fibre. You can serve with rice.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Bengal Gram-Chana Dal – 1 cup
- Beet Root – 1/4 Cup
- Peanut – 2 tbsp
- Mustard Seed – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Jaggery-Gur – 1/2 tbsp
- Tamrind Juice – 1/2 cup
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Curry Leaf – 6-7 nos.
- Cinnaman-Dal chini – 1 nos.
- Cloves – 2-3 nos.
- Desi Ghee-Clarified Butter – 2 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- a pinch of asafetida –
- Green Chilies Paste – 2-3 nos.
- Wash Bengal gram and soak for 2 hour in water.
- In a pressure cooker, add beet root pieces, turmeric powder, salt and soaked dal.
- Cook it till chana dal gets soft.
- When cooked, add coriander powder, jaggery, tamarind juice, groundnut and green chilly paste, boil it.
- Heat ghee in a pan on medium flame, add asafetida, curry leaf, cloves, butter, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and cinnamon.
- Fry for 3-4 min.
- Now add cooked chana dal and cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot sweet sour dal with rice or roti.