Sukhi Chana Dal Recipe / How To Make Sukhi Chana Dal / Punjabi Sukhi Dal Recipe
Sukhi chana dal recipe is a delicious, spicy, tangy, healthy and popular dry lentil Punjabi dish. Dal is a dry lentil preparation with chana cooked with onions, tomatoes, chilies and Indian spice powders. You can enjoy with paratha or poori or rice.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Channa Dal – 1 cup
- Onion (Thin Slice) – 1 cup
- Finely Chopped Methi – 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon Stick – 1 inch
- Cardamom – 2-3 nos.
- Cloves – 2-3 nos.
- Bay Leaf – 1-2 nos.
- Sugar – 1/2 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Ghee – 3 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Dry Red Chili – 2-3 nos.
- Wash and soak dal for 1 hour.
- Cook dal in pressure cooker with water, salt and turmeric powder.
- Cook it till gets soft.
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium flame, add dry red chili, cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves, bay leaf and cumin seeds, fry for 3-4 min.
- Add turmeric powder, onion and fry it till turns light golden brown.
- Add cooked dal, lemon juice and methi leaves, mix well and cook for 5-6 min.
- Add coriander powder and garam masala, mix well.
- Cook for 2-3 min.
- Garnish with onion slices.
- Serve hot sukhi channa dal with rice or paratha.
SUKHI CHANA DAL RECIPE was last modified: April 4th, 2014 by