Sindhi Dal Recipe / Sindhi Dal
Sindhi dal recipe is a light, healthy and delicious. Moong dal is very popular amongst Sindhi. Sindhi dal is made with chana dal, moong dal, urad dal, onion, tomato, garlic, ginger and spices, garnished with coriander leaves. You can serve with plain rice and fried potatoes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Easy
- Chana Dal – 1/2 cup
- Moong Dal – 1/4 cup
- Urad Dal – 1/4 cup
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1/2 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Tomato – 1/2 cup
- Finely Chopped Garlic – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped ginger – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 3-4 tbsp
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 3 tbsp
- Oil for frying –
- Salt as per taste –
- Wash and soak the dal for overnight
- Cook dal in pressure cooker with turmeric and salt.
- Cook it till dal gets soft and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add cumin seed, onions, tomato, ginger and garlic.
- Fry it till onion turns little golden brown.
- Add coriander powder and garam masala, mix well.
- Cook for 4-5 min.
- Add the mixture into the boiled dal and lemon juice, mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot sindhi dal with plain rice or roti.