Rajasthani Masala Dal Recipe / How To Masala Dal Recipe / Rajasthani Dal Recipe
Rajasthani masala dal recipe is a popular dal recipe in Rajasthan cuisine. Dal is a mixture of kala chana and whole moong dal. The chana-dal mixture is cook in pressure cooker till the dal gets soft. Fried with butter, cumin seeds, garlic, onions, ginger-green chili paste, red chili powder, coriander seeds powder, salt and dry mango powder, garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with plain rice and roti.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Medium
- Kala Chana (Wash and soak 3-4 hour) – 2 tbsp
- Whole Moong (Wash and soak 3-4 hour) – 1/2 cup
- Oil for frying –
- Cumin Seed – 1/2 tbsp
- Chopped Garlic – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – a pinch
- Dry Mango Powder – 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves (for garnish) – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1/2 cup
- Ginger-Green Chili Paste – 1 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Clean and wash the kala chana and whole moong dal, soak for 3-4 hour.
- Cook the soaked kala chana and whole moong in pressure cooker with turmeric powder and salt.
- Cook it till dal gets soft.
- Heat the oil in a pan on a medium flame, add the cumin seeds.
- Fry for 2-3 sec.
- Add the garlic and onions, mix well.
- Fry it till onion turns little golden brown.
- Add ginger-green chilli paste, red chili powder and coriander powder, mix well.
- Add the cooked dals and mix well.
- Add a little salt, dry mango powder and again ½ cup of water, mix well.
- Cook for 4-5 min.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve Rajasthani masala dal with plain rice and roti.