Plain Moong Dal Recipe / Simple Moong Dal / Yellow Moong Dal Recipes
Plain Moong Dal is simple, tasty, delicious and healthy Dal recipe. Moong Dal is a healthy Indian comfort food prepared from yellow split lentil (green split gram without skin) and many spices, garnish with coriander leaves. It is rich in protein and main source of protein for vegetarians. You can serve with plain rice and roti.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Moong Dal – 1 cup
- Mustard Oil – 1-2 tbsp
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Dry Red chili – 1-2 nos.
- Bay Leaf or Tej Patta – 1-2 nos.
- Ginger Paste – 1 tbsp
- Desi Ghee ( clarified butter) – 2 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- Wash and soak dal for 1 hour.
- Cook dal in pressure cooker with salt, turmeric powder and little water.
- Cook it till the dal becomes soft.
- Heat the mustard oil in a pan on medium heat, add cumin seeds, dry red chili, bay leaf and ginger paste, fry for 3-4 min.
- Add the dal/lentil, cook at low till all incorporate well.
- Add in ghee or butter and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot dal with rice.