Palak Toovar Dal Recipe / Dal Palak Recipe / Toor Palak Dal Recipe / How To Make Dal Palak Recipe
Palak toovar dal recipe is very tasty, delicious and flavorful Dal recipe. Palak toovar dal recipe is a wonderful combination of spinach, toovar dal or lentils and Indian spices. It goes well with both roti and rice. The toovar dal and spinach are cook in pressure cooker till the dal gets soft. Fried with dry red chili, garlic, tomato, black pepper and onion, garnish with coriander leaves.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Oil for frying –
- Onion (Slices) – 2 medium
- Chopped Garlic – 1-2 tbsp
- Toovar Dal – 1/2 cup
- Water as needed –
- Chopped Spinach – 11/2 cup
- Salt as per taste –
- Cumin Powder – 1 tbsp
- Black Pepper (Crush the very coarsely) – 1/2 tbsp
- Dry Red chili – 2-3 nos.
- Chopped Tomato – 1/2 cup
- Wash and soak toovar dal for 1-2 hour.
- Cook the toovar dal in pressure cooker with spinach, turmeric powder and salt.
- Cook it till dal gets soft.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add dry red chili, garlic and onion.
- Fry it till onion turns little golden brown.
- Add tomato and cover, cook for 5-6 min.
- Add cooked toovar dal mixture and bring mixture to the boil.
- Add black pepper and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and pour ghee on the top.
- Serve hot palak toovar dal with rice or roti.