Moong Dal Tadka Recipe / Moong Dal Recipes / How To Make Moong Dal Recipe / Moong Dal Fry Recipe
Moong dal tadka recipe is a very popular Indian dal recipe. Moong dal recipe is a simple, delicious and tasty. The moong dal mixture is cook in pressure cooker till the dal gets soft. Fried with cumin seed, ginger, green chili, tomato, dry red chili, garlic and garam masala. Serve with roti or paratha or steamed rice. Moong dal is easy to digest.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Moong Dal – 1 cup
- Water as needed –
- Salt as per taste –
- Grated Ginger – 1/2 tbsp
- Green Chili (Diced ) – 1 tbsp
- Tomato (diced) – 1 cup
- Lemon juice – 3 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Ghee for frying –
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Dry Red Chili – 2-3 nos.
- A Pinch Asafoetida –
- Finely Chopped Garlic – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves (for garnish) – 2-3
- Wash and soak moong dal for 1 hour.
- Cook soaked moong dal in pressure cooker with salt, turmeric powder and 2 cup of water.
- Cook it till moong dal gets soft and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan for frying, add hing, garlic, cumin seed, dry red chili, ginger and green chili.
- Fry for 2-3 min.
- Add tomato and turmeric powder, cook for 3-4 min.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Add fried mixture into the cooked dal and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot moong dal tadka with rice or roti.