Masoor Dal Tadka / Masoor Dal Recipes / Masoor Dal Fry / How To Fry Masoor Dal
Masoor dal recipe is popular Punjabi dal recipe. It has very different taste from other dal recipe. It is very easy to make, simple and tasty dal. You can enjoy with both rice and rotis. Masoor dal cook in pressure cooker, cook it till the dal gets soft. Fried with garlic, green chili, ginger, tomato, onion and spices, garnish with coriander leaves.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Masoor Dal or Split Red Lentils – 1 cup
- Salt as per taste –
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Ginger – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Garlic – 11/2 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Green Chili – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 cup
- Finely Chopped Tomato – 1/2 cup
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Coriander Leaves (for garnish) – 2-3 tbsp
- Butter (for garnish) – 1 tbsp
- Onion (Slices) – 1/4 cup
- Wash and soak masoor dal for 3-4 hour.
- Cook the soaked masoor dal in pressure cooker with turmeric powder, 11/2 cup of water and salt.
- Cook it till dal gets soft.
- Heat the oil in pan on medium heat, add cumin seed, garlic, green chili, ginger and onion.
- Fry it till onion turns little golden brown.
- Add tomato, cover and cook for 5-6 min.
- Add cooked dal and mix well, cook it till dal becomes thick.
- Add garam masala and coriander powder, mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, onion slice and butter.
- Serve hot masoor dal with rice or paratha or rice.