Gujarati Tuvar Dal Recipe / Gujarati Dal Recipe / How To Make Gujarati Dal / Gujarati Recipe
Gujarati tuvar dal recipe is staple food in every Gujarati household. It is very healthy and famous for its spicy, sweet and sour taste. It has thin consistency but it is full of flavors. Gujarati Dal is made from pigeon pea lentils also known as toovar dal. You can serve with rice topped with ghee, stuffed bhindi and curd.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Split Red Gram/Tuvar Dal/Pigeon Pea Lentils – 1 cup
- Mustard Seed – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- A pinch of hing –
- Green Chili (Slit) – 2-3 nos.
- Finely Chopped Ginger – 1/2 tbsp
- Curry Leaves – 10-11
- Jaggery as per taste –
- Lemon Juice to taste –
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Wash and soak red gram dal in water for 1-2 hour.
- In a pressure cooker, add soaked dal, turmeric powder and salt.
- Cook dal till dal gets soft and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add mustard seed, cumin seed, ginger, curry leaves and asafoetida and fry for 2-3 min.
- Add cooked red gram, jaggery and lemon juice, cook for 4-5 mmin.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot gujarati tuvar dal with rice/roti.