Dal With Drumstick / Drumstick Dal Recipes / Dal And Drumstick Recipe / Toor Dal With Drumsticks
Dal with drumstick is very tasty and mouthwatering Dal recipe. Dal with drumstick is a healthy and delicious side dish made with drumstick and toor dal. The mouthwatering dal recipe is tempered with mustard seed, dry red chili, curry leaves, onion, tamrind juice, garlic, tomato and Indian spices. Garnished with coriander leaves. You can serve with rice.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Arhar dal – 1/2 cup
- Salt as per taste –
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Mustard Seed – 1 tbsp
- Dry Red Chilies – 2 nos.
- Curry Leaves – 10-11 nos.
- Chopped Onion – 1/2 cup
- Chopped Tomato – 1/2 cup
- Chopped Garlic – 2 tbsp
- Drum Stick – 2 cup
- Tamrind Juice – 1-2 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tbsp
- Freshly Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- Wash arhar dal and cook in pressure cooker with salt, drum stick, turmeric powder and water.
- Cook it till the dal gets soft and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium heat and add mustard seed, dry red chili, curry leaves, onion and tomato.
- Fry it till onion turns little golden brown.
- Add garlic cloves and fry it till garlic becomes light brown.
- Add cooked dal and mix well.
- Add tamrind juice, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder and little salt, mix well.
- Boil the dal for 7-10 min or gets little thick.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot dal with drumstick with rice or roti.