Dal Tadka Recipe / Dal Fry Tadka / Tadka Dal / Arhar Dal Tadka Recipe / Toor Dal Tadka Recipe
Dal tadka recipe is the restaurant style Indian dal recipe and excellent dish. Arhar fry is another popular Indian dal or lentil recipe. Dal Fry is usually prepared with arhar dal also known as tur or toovar or yellow lentils. It is made of arhar dal-toor dal, salt and turmeric powder, fry with red chili, cumin seed, garlic, ginger, onion, tomato and green chili. Garnish with coriander leaves. You can serve with roti or jeera rice.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Arhar dal – 1 cup
- Salt as per taste –
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Water as needed –
- Desi Ghee ( clarified butter) – 3-4 tbsp
- Dry Red Chilies – 2-3 nos.
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Garlic – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Ginger – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Green Chilies – tbsp
- Chopped Onion – 1/2 cup
- Finely Chopped Tomatoes – 1/4 cup
- Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- Wash and soak arhar dal for 1 hour.
- Cook dal in a pressure cook, add salt, turmeric powder and water.
- Cook on medium flame till dal becomes soft and consistent.
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium flame, add red chili, cumin seed, garlic, ginger and green chili, when they sputter.
- Add onion and fry it till onion turns little golden brown.
- Add tomato and cook it till gets soft.
- Add dal and cook for a 4-5 min.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot dal tadka recipe with plain rice or roti.