Dal Sweet Potato Soup / Sweet Potato Dal Soup / Toor Dal Soup With Sweet Potato
Dal sweet potato soup is health, delicious and tasty Soup recipe. Dal sweet potato soup is a delicious soup where all the flavours come together beautifully. Toovar dal cooked with sweet potato and spices. Fried with onion , green chili and tomato. Flavored with black pepper and garnish with coriander leaves. You can serve with bread sticks, crusty bread or have it just by itself.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Toovar Dal – 1/2 cup
- Water as needed –
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Sweet Potato (peeled and cut into cubes) – 1 medium
- Oil for frying –
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 medium
- Finely Chopped Tomato – 1 medium
- Finely Chopped Green Chili – 2-3 nos.
- Salt as per taste –
- Black Pepper (Crush the very coarsely) – as per taste
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- Wash and soak dal for 3-4 min.
- Cook toovar dal in pressure cooker with salt, turmeric powder, sweet potato and water.
- Cook it till dal gets soft and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat, add onion and green chili.
- Fry it till onion turns little golden brown.
- Add tomato, salt and black pepper, mix well.
- Cover and cook for 4-5 min.
- Add cooked toovar dal mixture and stir in between.
- Transfer into serving bowl.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot dal sweet potato soup with with bread sticks or have it just by itself.