Arhar Dal With Green Mango / Toor Dal With Raw Mango Recipe / Dal With Raw Mango Recipe / Mango Dal Recipe
Arhar dal with green mango recipe is made with the combination of arhar dal, raw green mango and Indian spices. Arhar dal tastes great with plain rice and generally preferred in summer season. Mango dal is made with pigeon pea lentils or arhar dal. The arhar dal mango mixture is cook in pressure cooker, cook it till the dal gets soft. Fried with butter, cumin seeds, hing, curry leaves, dried red chili and ginger, garnish with coriander leaves.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Medium
- Arhar dal – 1 cup
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Water as needed –
- Raw Mango (cut in pieces) – 1 cup
- Desi Ghee ( clarified butter) – 2-3 tbsp
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- A Pinch Hing –
- Curry Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- Dry Red Chilies – 2-3 nos.
- Grated Ginger – 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Wash and soak arhar dal for 1 hour.
- Cook dal in a pressure cook, add salt, raw mango, turmeric powder and water.
- Cook on medium flame till dal becomes soft and consistent, mango is blended well with dal.
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium flame, add cumin seeds, hing, curry leaves, dried red chili and ginger.
- Fry for 3-4 min.
- Add cooked dal and garam masala, mix well.
- Cook for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot arhar dal with raw mango with plain rice or roti.