Arhar Dal Fry Recipe / Dal Fry Recipe / Yellow Dal Fry Recipe / Punjabi Yellow Dhaba Fried Dal
Arhar dal fry recipe is one of the most common dish that is made in homes on daily basis. This dal is very nutritive and full of proteins. Arhar dal fry recipe is another popular Indian dal recipe. Dal Fry is usually prepared with arhar dal. Arhar dal is also known as toovar or yellow lentils or pigeon pea lentils. You can also use moong dal in the place of arhar dal.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Arhar dal – 1 cup
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Desi Ghee ( clarified butter) – 2 tbsp
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Water as needed –
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves (for garnish) – 1-2 tbsp
- Wash and soak arhar dal for 1 hour.
- Cook arhar dal in a pressure cook, add salt, turmeric powder and water.
- Cook on medium flame till dal gets soft and consistent.
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium flame, add cumin seed, when they sputter and add red chili powder.
- Pour the fried mixture into the cooked dal and cook for a 4-5 min.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot arhar dal fry with plain rice or roti.