Andhra Patoli Recipe / Andhra Style Patoli
Andhra Patoli Recipe is a traditional Andhra Recipe. It is made of with chana dal, spices and fresh coriander. You can also add capsicum or beans or okra to the dish. Patoli is a very tasty, delicious and really healthy dish. You can serve with plain rice or roti.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Chana Dal – 1 cup
- Chopped Green Chili – 2-3 nos.
- Salt as per taste –
- Chopped Coriander Leaves – 1-2 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tbsp
For Tadka/popu/tempering:—– –
- Oil for frying –
- Urad Dal (skinned split black lentils) – 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seed – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Dry Red Chili – 2-3 nos.
- Curry Leaves – 11-10
- A pinch Asafoetida –
- Chopped Onion – 1 cup
- Wash and soak chana dal for 4 hours.
- In a grinder, add soaked chana dal, green chili, little water and salt, make a thick and coarse paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add urad dal, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dry red chili, curry leaves and asafoetida.
- Fry it till seeds splutter.
- Add onion and fry it till onion turns little golden brown.
- Add chana dal paste and cook it till the dal is cooked or for 20-25 minutes.
- Add the red chili powder and coriander leaves, cook for 5 min.
- Serve hot andhra patoli with hot rice and ghee.