Arbi Leaves Curry / Arbi or Colocasia Leaves or Patte Ke Curry-Bhaji / Taro Leaves Curry Recipes / Arbi Patta Sabji
Arbi Leaves Curry is made of arbi leaves and spices. Arbi are also called Aloo in Marathi and Colocasia/ Taro in English. It is an excellent source of vitamins C and E, potassium and magnesium. These are used to make snacks, vegetable and gravy curry. The root is also used to make various dishes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Chopped Coarsely Arbi-Patra Leaves With Stem – 10-11 nos.
- Chopped Coarsely Ambat Leaves – 1 small bunch
- Chopped Green Chili – 2 nos.
- Peanut – 1 tbsp
- Channa Dal – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Bay Leaf – 1-2 nos.
- Green Caramom – 2 nos.
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Cloves Powder – 1/4 tsbp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Gram Flour – 2 tbsp
- Water – 5 cup
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- In a pressure cooker, add arbi leaves and ambat leaves with green chili and little salt.
- Cook it till leaves gets cooked and keep aside, allow to cool.
- In a another pressure cooker, add channa dal and peanut with little salt and 1 cup of water.
- Cook it till dal gets soft and keep asdie.
- In a blender, add leaves mixture and blend it.
- In a bowl, add gram flour to 1/2 cup water.
- Make smooth paste and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add cumin seeds, bayleaf, green cardamoms and curry leaves.
- Fry for 2 min.
- Stir for 1-2 min and add boiled peanut and dal mixture.
- When it’s boil, add arbi leaves paste, garam masala, salt, sugar and lemon juice.
- Add remaining water and stir in between.
- Bring to a boil, then add gram flour paste.
- Stir continuously till boil resumes.
- Cook for 5-7 min or consistency should be like that of kadhi.
- Serve hot arbi leaves ke bhaji with rice.